Lighten up Mondays

Posted on Updated on

Lack of sleep is no laughing matter, says me who has recently entered the valley of insomnia and is trying to climb out. My daughter recently turned me on to a sleep/anti-anxiety app called Calm which I highly recommend. For pennies a day, it has thus far provided the respite I need to fall asleep at night. But knowing that even in the ickiest of times, we can find humor, today’s humor focuses on that ever-fleeting element of our lives: sleep.

• I’m not always awake before 7 a.m. but when I am, it’s when I’ve yet to fall asleep.
  • I hate when I’m tired and sleepy and when I get to bed, my body says, “Just kidding.”
  • People who fall asleep quickly freak me out; I mean, don’t they have thoughts?
  • Me: let me sleep. Brain: LOL, no, let’s stay awake and remember every stupid decision you’ve ever made in your life. Me: Okay.
  • Dear 3 a.m., we have got to stop meeting this way; I’d much rather sleep with you.
  • When I can’t sleep I try counting sheep and then my ADHD kicks in: one sheep, two sheep, cow, pig, Old MacDonald had a farm, Hey Macarena!
Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Lighten up Mondays

laura bruno lilly said:
    January 15, 2018 at 4:31 pm

I hope you gain restful sleep, starting with tonight.

Read your post about the shining light coming forth from your neighbors house during early morning hours and that is also something I’ve experienced…a strange comfort.

Liked by 1 person

Irene Olson responded:
      January 15, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Isn’t it though? May your week be mindful and peaceful, Laura.

Liked by 1 person

Jill Weatherholt said:
    January 15, 2018 at 10:14 am

I can relate to having trouble sleeping, Irene. Recently, I started taking Valerian Root, a vitamin supplement to promote relaxation. I’ve been sleeping through the night and I wake up feeling as though I have slept….which is rare for me. We’ll see how long it lasts. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Irene Olson responded:
      January 15, 2018 at 10:51 am

If a Genie gave me three wishes I’d say, “I only need one: to fall asleep and stay asleep every night.” I will definitely look into the Valerian Root option, thanks, Jill.

Liked by 1 person

Mary Riesche said:
    January 15, 2018 at 9:34 am

I’m sorry sleep seems to be such a nemesis for you. Erin has always provided good suggestions like this one and the back exercise group.

Liked by 1 person

Irene Olson responded:
      January 15, 2018 at 9:55 am

Yep, Bar Method was a great exercise for me at the time. Hopefully this Calm app will do the trick going forward.

What's on your mind?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s