kindness as a lifestyle
Every day, and every encounter during each day, we have the opportunity to do good, or to do bad; to improve upon someone’s day, or ruin it for them.
Right now, or at the end of this day, think about the opportunities presented to you. Now think of what you allowed to come forth.
Did you let a car get into your lane when a person was trying to get out of a business parking lot on a very busy street while you were in a hurry, and perhaps running late, and therefore had every reason not to stop for five seconds to allow that car into the flow of traffic?
Depending upon how you acted in that situation, the driver of that car felt this way:
or the driver of that vehicle felt this way:
which would eventually make him feel this way:
How did you fare today?
- Just for today, let go of anger.
- Just for today, let go of worry.
- Just for today, give thanks for your many blessings.
- Just for today, do your work honestly.
- Just for today, be kind to your neighbor and every living thing.
And do it again tomorrow and the next day.