Great American Smokeout
As is customary each month, I am providing celebrations – some fiction, some non-fiction – that you might consider in November.
Month: Aviation History Month; and National Novel Writing Month (very interested in the latter because I am still struggling to finalize my own novel)
- Nov. 2: Book Lovers Day (I am an extreme book lover); and move your clocks back one hour when you go to bed today if you have been observing Daylight Savings Time)
- Nov. 6: Marooned without a Compass Day
- Nov. 8: Cook Something Bold Day (for some of you, that may simply be a peanut butter & jelly sandwich)
- Nov. 11: Veteran’s Day (thank you everyone who is serving, or has served, your country in this manner)
- Nov. 13: World Kindness Day (if everyone observed this holiday every day, there would be no need for wars)
- Nov. 15: Clean Your Refrigerator Day; and America Recycles Day (makes sense to me)
- Nov. 17: World Peace Day (see Nov. 13)
- Nov. 21: Great American Smokeout (millions have quit so it must be possible – will this be your chance?)
- Nov. 23: National Adoption Day (in honor of my sister, Mary, and her daughter, Kristina)
- Nov. 28: Thanksgiving Day (which doesn’t have to be about food – it can be about feeling and expressing your gratitude)
- Nov. 29: You’re Welcome Day
- Nov. 30: Stay at Home Because you are Well Day
Get ready everyone – there are so many worthy-of-mentioning “holidays” in November, you’ll be blown away!
- Peanut Butter Lovers Month
- Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month www.alz.org
- National Hospice Month www.nhpco.org
- National Adoption Awareness Month – my favorite because both my sister, and my niece, are adopted and my life is better as a result! www.adoptioncouncil.org.
Some of the daily celebrations:
1st: Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day
2nd: Plan Your Epitaph Day – would you trust just anyone to tell the truth?
6th: Marooned without a Compass Day – a/k/a Election Day
7th: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
8th: Cook Something Bold Day (well, it is Peanut Butter Lovers Month!!!
11th: Veterans Day – thank you every Vet of past & present military conflicts!!!
12th: National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day
13th: World Kindness Day – pass it forward everyone!!!
15th: Clean Your Refrigerator Day and America Recycles Day – it figures.
15th: Great American Smokeout – see November 19th if participating
17th: National Adoption Day – I love you Mary and Kristina!!!
19th: Have a Bad Day Day – see November 15th
22nd: Thanksgiving, followed by…
23rd: Sinkie Day – casual eating while standing at your sink www.sinkie.com
23rd: Black Friday – the busiest shopping day of the Holiday season and Buy Nothing Day (I don’t make up the rules)
26th: Shopping Reminder Day – do we really need this reminder?
30th: Stay at Home Because You’re Well Day – because it’s more fun than staying home when you’re sick!