- He said, “Books or me.” I sometimes remember him when I’m buying new books.
- I like big books and I can not lie.
- A cartoon shows a husband and wife sitting in their reading chairs with an open book on each of their laps…but their chair tables were empty. “We forgot our reading glasses.” Lo’ and behold, a glass of red wine appeared on each of their tables in the next frame.
And here are a few from JokeQuote.com:
- The great thing about books is that there are no commercials.
- Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. – P.J. O’Rourke
- I took a speed-reading course and read War and Peace in twenty minutes. It involves Russia. – Woody Allen
- One trouble with developing speed reading skills is that by the time you realize a book is boring you’ve already finished it.
– Franklin P. Jones
- Sure reading a book under a tree is peaceful but imagine how stressful it is for the tree to see a bunch of it’s dead friends in your hand.
– Kyle Lippert
- Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers. – Harry S Truman