Lighten up Mondays
I can not tell a lie; today is my birthday, so I’m putting myself out there with some advancing age birthday humor that all of us can enjoy because all of us are advancing in our age:
You know you’re old when:
- In a hostage situation, you are most likely to be released first
- You and your teeth don’t sleep together
- People call at 9 p.m. and ask, “Did I wake you?”
- You begin every other sentence with, “Nowadays …”
- The clothes you’ve put away until they come back in style, come back in style
- Things you buy now won’t ever wear out
- There’s nothing left to learn the hard way
- “Getting a little action” means you don’t need to take a laxative
- When getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot
- When happy hour is a nap (actually, for me, it would be: when happy hour begins at 4)
- When you realize that caution is the only thing you care to exercise
None of us should complain about getting older because it’s proof that we’ve done something right so far ’cause we’re still around!
6 thoughts on “Lighten up Mondays”
May 23, 2015 at 5:58 pm
Sorry I missed your actual birthday. Hope it was marvelous!
May 19, 2015 at 4:51 am
May 18, 2015 at 2:30 pm
Happy Birthday, Irene!
May 18, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Thanks so much!
May 18, 2015 at 7:34 am
These are hilarious! Happy Birthday, Irene! I hope this year is the best ever!
May 18, 2015 at 7:57 am
Thanks so much, Jill. Much appreciated. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person