January 1st brings a new year for us and new opportunities to get it right in 2014. Here are some celebrations you might want to dive into:
Month: National Bath Safety Month; National Blood Donor Month; National Hobby Month.
Week: 2nd week in January – Letter Writing Week – get out that stationery and pens and get to it!
- January 1: Happy New Year!
- January 2: Run up the Flagpole and see if Anyone Salutes Day (sounds like a horrific hangover action)
- January 3: Festival of Sleep Day, but not until after you’ve celebrated Fruitcake Toss Day
- January 6: Bean Day; and Cuddle Up Day (maybe it’s just me, but that doesn’t sound like a good idea)
- January 10: Peculiar People Day
- January 13: International Skeptics Day (I seriously doubt that)
- January 14: Dress up your pet day (I see people celebrating this event all-year round – scary)
- January 16: National Nothing Day
- January 17: Ditch New Years Resolutions Day (been there – done that already)
- January 18: Winnie the Pooh Day (birthday of author A.A. Milne)
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr., Birthday
- January 21: National Hugging Day
- January 23: National Handwriting Day (see Week celebration above)
- January 24: Beer Can (or bottle) Appreciation Day; and Compliment Day (my readers, you’re looking fine today!)
- January 31: drawkcaB Day
And with that, I’ll leave you to pursue your goal of being the best you can be in 2014.