Lighten up Mondays
My husband and I hike every week in the gloriously beautiful Pacific Northwest region of Washington state. Here are some actual complaints received by Forest Rangers:
- A small deer came into my camp and stole my bag of pickles. Is there a way I can get reimbursed?
- Escalators would help on steep uphill sections. (I have to say, I’ve joked about this while on the trail. While descending the mountain and encountering others struggling up, I’ll oftentimes say, “Oops, did you miss the sign to the escalator? Would have been much easier for you.”)
- Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands.
- Found a smouldering cigarette left by a horse.
- Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill.
- Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests.
- Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful views without having to hike to them.
- The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals.
- Need more signs to keep area pristine.
- A McDonald’s would be nice at the trailhead.
- Too many rocks in the mountains.
- The places where trails do not exist are not well marked.
One thought on “Lighten up Mondays”
July 24, 2017 at 5:36 am
A MacDonald’s? LOL! These were hilarious, Irene.